US: Aeropostale president Cunningham retires
Aeropostale president Michael Cunningham is to retire from the teen clothing retailer next month, the company has revealed.
The retailer, which operates nearly 1,000 stores in the US and Canada, said Cunningham will remain on the board of directors.
CEO Thomas Johnson will now assume responsibility for information technology, while chief financial officer and executive vice president Marc Miller will take over planning and allocation. Mary Jo Pile, executive vice president of customer engagement, will be responsible for construction, logistics and real estate.
Johnson said: "Over the past 12 years, Michael has been an incredible partner and friend, and a highly respected leader within our organisation. He truly embodies the core values that make Aeropostale such a special organisation.
"Michael has been a key contributor to the evolution of our business as a multi-brand and multi-national specialty retailer. In particular, he has been instrumental in building Aeropostale's best in class financial and business operations."
Teen apparel retailer Aeropostale has swung to a second-quarter loss, after it was forced to increase promotions to clear inventory due to unseasonably cool weather....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)