US: Aeropostale president Cunningham retires
Aeropostale president Michael Cunningham is to retire from the teen clothing retailer next month, the company has revealed.
The retailer, which operates nearly 1,000 stores in the US and Canada, said Cunningham will remain on the board of directors.
CEO Thomas Johnson will now assume responsibility for information technology, while chief financial officer and executive vice president Marc Miller will take over planning and allocation. Mary Jo Pile, executive vice president of customer engagement, will be responsible for construction, logistics and real estate.
Johnson said: "Over the past 12 years, Michael has been an incredible partner and friend, and a highly respected leader within our organisation. He truly embodies the core values that make Aeropostale such a special organisation.
"Michael has been a key contributor to the evolution of our business as a multi-brand and multi-national specialty retailer. In particular, he has been instrumental in building Aeropostale's best in class financial and business operations."
Teen apparel retailer Aeropostale has swung to a second-quarter loss, after it was forced to increase promotions to clear inventory due to unseasonably cool weather....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis