US: Aeropostale president Cunningham retires
Aeropostale president Michael Cunningham is to retire from the teen clothing retailer next month, the company has revealed.
The retailer, which operates nearly 1,000 stores in the US and Canada, said Cunningham will remain on the board of directors.
CEO Thomas Johnson will now assume responsibility for information technology, while chief financial officer and executive vice president Marc Miller will take over planning and allocation. Mary Jo Pile, executive vice president of customer engagement, will be responsible for construction, logistics and real estate.
Johnson said: "Over the past 12 years, Michael has been an incredible partner and friend, and a highly respected leader within our organisation. He truly embodies the core values that make Aeropostale such a special organisation.
"Michael has been a key contributor to the evolution of our business as a multi-brand and multi-national specialty retailer. In particular, he has been instrumental in building Aeropostale's best in class financial and business operations."
Teen apparel retailer Aeropostale has swung to a second-quarter loss, after it was forced to increase promotions to clear inventory due to unseasonably cool weather....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry