US: Aeropostale said to be seeking potential buyers
Last month, Aeropostale swung to a third-quarter loss
Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale is understood to have contacted at least two private equity firms about a possible sale.
According to Bloomberg, the retail group has also contacted investment banks to gain assistance in dealing with pressure from activist investor Crescendo Partners or running a sale process.
Last month, Aeropostale swung to a third-quarter loss of US$25.6m and a 15% decline in comparable sales.
A month earlier, Crescendo Partners sent the company's board a letter urging it to immediately start a sale process. In response, Aeropostale adopted a so-called 'poison pill' stockholder rights plan aimed at warding off unwanted takeover attempts.
The retailer, however, is not in talks to sell itself yet, sources told Bloomberg.
Aeropostale did not return a request for comment at the time of going to press.
Synopsis Canadean's "Aeropostale, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
Foreign brands of adult apparel are the ones most actively introduced in previous years. However, in 2013, there was an increase in the ventures of local companies to bring international childrenswear...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide