US: Aeropostale said to be seeking potential buyers
Last month, Aeropostale swung to a third-quarter loss
Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale is understood to have contacted at least two private equity firms about a possible sale.
According to Bloomberg, the retail group has also contacted investment banks to gain assistance in dealing with pressure from activist investor Crescendo Partners or running a sale process.
Last month, Aeropostale swung to a third-quarter loss of US$25.6m and a 15% decline in comparable sales.
A month earlier, Crescendo Partners sent the company's board a letter urging it to immediately start a sale process. In response, Aeropostale adopted a so-called 'poison pill' stockholder rights plan aimed at warding off unwanted takeover attempts.
The retailer, however, is not in talks to sell itself yet, sources told Bloomberg.
Aeropostale did not return a request for comment at the time of going to press.
Private equity firm Sycamore Partners has indicated it is interested in purchasing troubled US apparel retailer Express Inc....
Troubled women's wear retailer Coldwater Creek will be relaunched as an independent company as part of a deal with private equity firm Sycamore Partners, which has acquired the brand and other intelle...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam