US: Aeropostale said to be seeking potential buyers
Last month, Aeropostale swung to a third-quarter loss
Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale is understood to have contacted at least two private equity firms about a possible sale.
According to Bloomberg, the retail group has also contacted investment banks to gain assistance in dealing with pressure from activist investor Crescendo Partners or running a sale process.
Last month, Aeropostale swung to a third-quarter loss of US$25.6m and a 15% decline in comparable sales.
A month earlier, Crescendo Partners sent the company's board a letter urging it to immediately start a sale process. In response, Aeropostale adopted a so-called 'poison pill' stockholder rights plan aimed at warding off unwanted takeover attempts.
The retailer, however, is not in talks to sell itself yet, sources told Bloomberg.
Aeropostale did not return a request for comment at the time of going to press.
Synopsis Canadean's "Aeropostale, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
Foreign brands of adult apparel are the ones most actively introduced in previous years. However, in 2013, there was an increase in the ventures of local companies to bring international childrenswear...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects