US: Aeropostale said to be seeking potential buyers
Last month, Aeropostale swung to a third-quarter loss
Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale is understood to have contacted at least two private equity firms about a possible sale.
According to Bloomberg, the retail group has also contacted investment banks to gain assistance in dealing with pressure from activist investor Crescendo Partners or running a sale process.
Last month, Aeropostale swung to a third-quarter loss of US$25.6m and a 15% decline in comparable sales.
A month earlier, Crescendo Partners sent the company's board a letter urging it to immediately start a sale process. In response, Aeropostale adopted a so-called 'poison pill' stockholder rights plan aimed at warding off unwanted takeover attempts.
The retailer, however, is not in talks to sell itself yet, sources told Bloomberg.
Aeropostale did not return a request for comment at the time of going to press.
Synopsis Canadean's "Aeropostale, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
Foreign brands of adult apparel are the ones most actively introduced in previous years. However, in 2013, there was an increase in the ventures of local companies to bring international childrenswear...
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019