MEXICO: Aeropostale to enter market with first stores
The first standalone store will open in Sante Fe Mall in Mexico City
Teen apparel retailer Aeropostale is to open standalone and brand stores in Mexico through a licensing agreement with Distribuidora Liverpool.
The company, which operates more than 1,000 stores, said it will start opening branded shop-in-shops in Liverpool department stores across Mexico starting this summer, in addition to rolling out standalone stores.
The first standalone store is expected to open in Sante Fe Mall in Mexico City.
Commenting on the launch, CEO Thomas Johnson said: "We consider Mexico a pivotal market as we look at our overall global expansion strategy."
Original source: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=131103&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1834315&highlight=
Despite another challenging year for retailers in 2013, international expansion, support for workers in the clothing supply chain, and innovative merchandise were on the list of accomplishments for so...
Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale remains cautious in its outlook after swinging to a net loss during the third quarter, weighed down by lower sales....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include plans set out by H&M to pay a fair living wage to workers in its clothing supply chain, an interview with John Cheh, vice chairman and CEO of Esqu...
Aeropostale has adopted a so-called 'poison pill' stockholder rights plan after one of the teen clothing retailer's shareholders urged the company to sell the business....
Aeropostale shareholder Crescendo Partners has urged the board of the teen clothing retailer to consider a sale of the business, arguing that its turnaround efforts would be more successful as a priva...
US-based apparel manufacturer Hampshire Group has selected Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) solution as a company-wide tool to help support the growth of its business....
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015