MEXICO: Aeropostale to enter market with first stores
The first standalone store will open in Sante Fe Mall in Mexico City
Teen apparel retailer Aeropostale is to open standalone and brand stores in Mexico through a licensing agreement with Distribuidora Liverpool.
The company, which operates more than 1,000 stores, said it will start opening branded shop-in-shops in Liverpool department stores across Mexico starting this summer, in addition to rolling out standalone stores.
The first standalone store is expected to open in Sante Fe Mall in Mexico City.
Commenting on the launch, CEO Thomas Johnson said: "We consider Mexico a pivotal market as we look at our overall global expansion strategy."
Original source: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=131103&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1834315&highlight=
Despite another challenging year for retailers in 2013, international expansion, support for workers in the clothing supply chain, and innovative merchandise were on the list of accomplishments for so...
Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale remains cautious in its outlook after swinging to a net loss during the third quarter, weighed down by lower sales....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include plans set out by H&M to pay a fair living wage to workers in its clothing supply chain, an interview with John Cheh, vice chairman and CEO of Esqu...
Aeropostale has adopted a so-called 'poison pill' stockholder rights plan after one of the teen clothing retailer's shareholders urged the company to sell the business....
Aeropostale shareholder Crescendo Partners has urged the board of the teen clothing retailer to consider a sale of the business, arguing that its turnaround efforts would be more successful as a priva...
US-based apparel manufacturer Hampshire Group has selected Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) solution as a company-wide tool to help support the growth of its business....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019