Aeropostale to expand in India and Indonesia
US casual apparel retailer Aeropostale has signed licensing deals with textile and apparel business Arvind, and PT Mitra Adiperkasa, that will see it expand in Asia, opening stores in India and Indonesia.
Through its deal with Arvind Lifestyle Brands in India, Aeropostale plans to open 50 standalone stores, 150 shop-in-shops in select locations, and e-commerce operations across the country over the next five years, beginning in March 2016.
In Indonesia, the retailer will open 10 to 12 standalone stores over the next five years, with its first store opening in Jakarta in autumn 2016.
"India and Indonesia are two of the most populated countries in the world and see significant opportunities by bringing the Aeropostale brand to these key countries," said Aeropostale CEO Julian Geiger.
"Following the successful launch of our brand in the Philippines and Singapore, we are excited to capitalise on the strong growth prospects in both India and Indonesia. We are totally comfortable partnering with two of the largest and strongest retailers in their respectful regions, Arvind Lifestyle Brands Limited and MAP."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective