USA: A&F Announces Opening Of First Hollister Store
Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) announced that its first Hollister Co location will open today at Easton Town Center in Columbus, Ohio. Hollister Co is a West Coast-oriented lifestyle brand targeted at high school children. Mike Jeffries, chairman and chief executive officer, said, "The Hollister Co will provide us with another strong growth vehicle. The initial stores are a test and we are anxious to get feedback from our customers on this new concept." Four additional stores will open in the next two weeks. However, Newstraders.com quoted Prudential Securities analyst Stacy Pak calling the Hollister concept "a dud." And, despite continued good performance from A&F, she expects a wrinkle in the clothing outfit's upcoming quarterly earnings statement: "We believe ANF will experience an inventory problem when they report their quarter on August. 8." She has reiterated her "hold" rating. The analyst reminded investors that comparable store sales slowed in the fourth-quarter last year due to stiffer competition and the belief that fashion had moved away from Abercombie. A lifestyle brand, Abercrombie & Fitch operated a total of 275 stores at the end of June, including 44 abercrombie stores. The company also operates a kids' e-commerce website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016