USA: A&F Announces Opening Of First Hollister Store
Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) announced that its first Hollister Co location will open today at Easton Town Center in Columbus, Ohio. Hollister Co is a West Coast-oriented lifestyle brand targeted at high school children. Mike Jeffries, chairman and chief executive officer, said, "The Hollister Co will provide us with another strong growth vehicle. The initial stores are a test and we are anxious to get feedback from our customers on this new concept." Four additional stores will open in the next two weeks. However, Newstraders.com quoted Prudential Securities analyst Stacy Pak calling the Hollister concept "a dud." And, despite continued good performance from A&F, she expects a wrinkle in the clothing outfit's upcoming quarterly earnings statement: "We believe ANF will experience an inventory problem when they report their quarter on August. 8." She has reiterated her "hold" rating. The analyst reminded investors that comparable store sales slowed in the fourth-quarter last year due to stiffer competition and the belief that fashion had moved away from Abercombie. A lifestyle brand, Abercrombie & Fitch operated a total of 275 stores at the end of June, including 44 abercrombie stores. The company also operates a kids' e-commerce website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing