USA: A&F Announces Opening Of First Hollister Store
Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) announced that its first Hollister Co location will open today at Easton Town Center in Columbus, Ohio. Hollister Co is a West Coast-oriented lifestyle brand targeted at high school children. Mike Jeffries, chairman and chief executive officer, said, "The Hollister Co will provide us with another strong growth vehicle. The initial stores are a test and we are anxious to get feedback from our customers on this new concept." Four additional stores will open in the next two weeks. However, Newstraders.com quoted Prudential Securities analyst Stacy Pak calling the Hollister concept "a dud." And, despite continued good performance from A&F, she expects a wrinkle in the clothing outfit's upcoming quarterly earnings statement: "We believe ANF will experience an inventory problem when they report their quarter on August. 8." She has reiterated her "hold" rating. The analyst reminded investors that comparable store sales slowed in the fourth-quarter last year due to stiffer competition and the belief that fashion had moved away from Abercombie. A lifestyle brand, Abercrombie & Fitch operated a total of 275 stores at the end of June, including 44 abercrombie stores. The company also operates a kids' e-commerce website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020