ISRAEL: Africa Israel “to sell” Gottex stake
Africa Israel Investments is poised to sell its 50% stake in the Gottex swimwear business for US$50m, according to reports.
According to Reuters, the Israel-based conglomerate will receive $42m initially, with the rest of the payments phased over a four-year period, from the unnamed foreign buyers, who already hold the remaining 50% of the Gottex company.
Africa Israel Investments chief executive Izzy Cohen told Reuters the swimwear business was not a core activity for the Africa Israel group, which has interests in property, energy and media.
The Gottex sale is subject to closing conditions. Nobody from Gottex or Africa Israel Investments was available for comment.
What is the likely impact of the slowdown in consumer spending on sales of discretionary products like swimwear? This is one of the issues covered in a new report on the global swimwear and beachwear ...
Ambitious Chinese garment maker Ever-Glory is pushing ahead with its expansion into retailing. The company's chief executive, Edward Kang, tells Dominique Patton how the firm is eyeing both the domest...
Not content with its position as one of China's leading garment makers, Ever-Glory is pushing ahead with its expansion into retailing, the company's boss has told just-style....
Swimsuit and beachwear maker Gottex has named Molly Grad as its new head of design, replacing Gideon Oberson who has left the company to follow other interests....
UK retail group Arcadia is finalising its first foray into India, with reports suggesting that the company may open 15 Topshop and Topman stores there in the next three years....
Retail clothing giant Inditex said its first quarter profit had fallen 16% to EUR184m (US$260m), but added that sales during May were up 9% on last year....
Spanish fashion group Inditex has opened its first Zara store in Egypt, in the city of Cairo....
Investment and real estate business Africa Israel is nearing the sale of its 50% stake in swimwear firm Gottex, according to reports....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack