MALAYSIA: AFTEX Says Liberalisation Will Bring Challenges
The Asean Federation of Textiles Industry (AFTEX) reaffirmed its commitment towards greater intra-Asean trade and cooperative activities in view of the challenges ahead with the liberalisation of the international trade of textiles and apparels, Asia Pulse reported today.Speaking at a joint press conference after the AFTEX 18th council and 16th plenary meeting, AFTEX said that cooperation was essential to ensure that the Asean textiles and apparels industry would be able to maintain and expand on its international market share.Incoming president Yap Fung Kong, who is also vice-chair for the Malaysian Textile Manufacturers Association (MTMA), said AFTEX members must pull their resources together to give the Asean textile industry a greater global presence.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report