ZAMBIA: AGOA Textile Tariff Preferences Secured
According to Zambian Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry public relations officer Conrad Simuchile, the development signified the country's continued progress towards a market-based economy, free trade and workers' rights protection.
Eligibility for continued AGOA preferences is granted on an annual basis.
Zambia is among 38 out of 48 sub-Saharan African countries eligible for the AGOA scheme, although it is one of only 19 to receive textile and apparel benefits.
Fewer than 10 AGOA participants, Zambia included, also qualify for AGOA's hand-loomed, handmade and 'folklore' textile and apparel provisions.
AGOA was signed into law by former US President Bill Clinton in May 2000.
Companies: Asda Group Limited
High-street design favourite George Davies is to take on the task of rejuvenating Marks & Spencer's children's wear collections, press reports said....
Apprel group VF has appointed George Irion as head of a new procurement organisation structure designed to identify cross-coalition purchasing opportunities and alliances for VF....
Retail operations and security specialist Paul Burrows has joined Norprint Labelling Systems Limited to head up retail security development....
Supermarket chain Asda is to take on 2,800 new employees across its British stores as it continues to expand into non-food sectors including clothing....
High-street retailer Marks & Spencer today reported a 19.6 per cent hike in first-half profits - and made the surprise announcement that Per Una founder George Davies is to stay on at the company, a m...
City analyst Richard Ratner has warned of a legal clash between high-street chain Marks & Spencer and George Davies, founder of its Per Una range, if Davies continues with his plan to establish a comp...
Design consultant George Davies, who last week announced his departure from Marks & Spencer's Per Una fashion brand, is planning to establish a stand-alone clothing chain to rival M&S....
Global lifestyle brand Nautica has signed a deal with lifestyle sports entertainment company AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour Inc to be the official sponsor of volleyball touring series the AVP Nissan Se...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack