ITALY: Agostino Ropolo to oversee Church's global growth
Luxury firm Prada has taken on Agostino Ropolo, former head of LVMH's fashion and leather in
According to The Sunday Times, Ropolo will be in charge of opening new stores on the Continent, in the
The appointment comes as industry rumours say Prada could buy the remainder of Church's it does not own (55%), reported the newspaper.
Prada sold the stake to private equity firm Equinox in 2003.
The plan to regain control of Church's is said to be connected to Prada's talks with Banca Intesa over the latter paying EUR100m (US$127.90m) for 5% for the group.
A stock market flotation could value Italian fashion house Versace at up to EUR900m (US$1.2bn), an industry expert told just-style on Wednesday (4 April)....
Italian fashion house Prada, which is considering an IPO some time in 2008 to fund growth, said net profit rose 63% in 2006 to EUR76m ($103.9m)....
Italian design house Giorgio Armani has no plans to float in the foreseeable future, a company spokeswoman has told just-style....
Fashion firm Prada has indicated plans to offer shares to the public next year on the back of 10% growth during 2006....
Lifestyle brand maker John Varvatos Enterprises has appointed Rebecca Blair as president, effective mid-January 2007....
Robbers have stolen more than US$1m (GBP506,862) of stock from a Prada warehouse in Honolulu, Hawaii....
Italian fashion firm Prada is to offload a 5% equity stake to Banca Intesa and is also reportedly considering a listing in 2008....
Protestors from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have gatecrashed a Burberry catwalk show in protest against the luxury label's use of fur....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores