GERMANY: Ahlers lowers FY earnings expectations
German fashion group Ahlers has lowered its earnings expectations for the full year but said it projects improved results for its next fiscal year.
In a trading update, the company said it expects consolidated net income for the year, at EUR5.6m (US$7.7m), to fall short of the projected EUR7.3m, which would have been equivalent to the prior year level.
At EUR246.7m, sales were down by 2.6% on the previous year's EUR253.2m due to a shift in sales revenues to December 2013 as well unexpected one-time expenses.
Both revenues and consolidated net income, however, are expected to increase in the new fiscal year, the company said.
"The management board projects significant sales growth and an improved result for the fiscal year which has just started."
Rising revenues from jeans and premium brands helped German fashion group Ahlers to record strong profit growth in the first half of the company's financial year....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The pro...
Executives from Pierre Cardin Jeanswear, G-Star, Micro Fashions and Modint are among those lined up to take part in a special symposium next week alongside the Fatex fashion sourcing trade fair....
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- ANALYSIS: Back-to-school spending a waiting game
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report