USA: AI And GretagMacbeth In B2B Colour Product Deal
GretagMacbeth's NetPalette B2B colour communication software has been combined with Ai's Collaborative Product Management suite to provide a comprehensive web-enabled tool with both colour measurement and Product Development Management (PDM) capabilities.Jim Davis, president, GretagMacbeth LLC, said: "Our more innovative customers have recognised that the old single vendor, proprietary approach of colour management solutions is outdated and limiting. Our collaboration with Ai reflects the success of our investment in open architectures and Internet technology, and will result in a compression of colour approval cycle times unachieved until now."NetPalette uses a Web-based architecture that supports the authoring and accessing of colour data throughout the textile/apparel supply chain. Through NetPalette, users can create palettes, monitor details of submissions and manage the flow of colour-related information. Direct input of spectral measurements is possible from multiple points in the supply chain, contributing to shorter cycle times and reduced operator error. Mike Keating, Ai VP of e-commerce and product strategy, said: "Colour development and approval is the single largest deterrent in getting fabrics from the mill on time. This partnership was designed to directly target those inefficiencies that prevent speed to market in colour development for apparel, textile and trim companies and GretagMacbeth's leadership in B2B colour management makes this a perfect match."About AiAi delivered the first web-based communications tools to actually help designers of textile, apparel, footwear and sewn goods all over the world get their creations manufactured easier, better, faster and cheaper. Ai is an ICG
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar