USA: AI And GretagMacbeth In B2B Colour Product Deal
Jim Davis, president, GretagMacbeth LLC, said: "Our more innovative customers have recognised that the old single vendor, proprietary approach of colour management solutions is outdated and limiting. Our collaboration with Ai reflects the success of our investment in open architectures and Internet technology, and will result in a compression of colour approval cycle times unachieved until now."
NetPalette uses a Web-based architecture that supports the authoring and accessing of colour data throughout the textile/apparel supply chain. Through NetPalette, users can create palettes, monitor details of submissions and manage the flow of colour-related information. Direct input of spectral measurements is possible from multiple points in the supply chain, contributing to shorter cycle times and reduced operator error.
Mike Keating, Ai VP of e-commerce and product strategy, said: "Colour development and approval is the single largest deterrent in getting fabrics from the mill on time. This partnership was designed to directly target those inefficiencies that prevent speed to market in colour development for apparel, textile and trim companies and GretagMacbeth's leadership in B2B colour management makes this a perfect match."
Ai delivered the first web-based communications tools to actually help designers of textile, apparel, footwear and sewn goods all over the world get their creations manufactured easier, better, faster and cheaper. Ai is an ICG www.internetcapital.com partner, one of over 60 of their investments focused on global B2B marketplaces. For additional information, visit Ai's website at www.appliedintranet.com .
GretagMacbeth's full line of colour control and management tools include spectrophotometers, densitometers, colour quality control and colour formulation software, profiling software, standardized lighting, colour standards, white reflectance coating, training, calibration and certification services. The company is based in Regensdorf, Switzerland, maintains offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, Hong Kong SAR, Thailand and the Philippines. GretagMacbeth trains and supports customers worldwide and is an ISO-9001 certified company.
For additional information, visit the company's website at www.gretagmacbeth.com.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective