USA: Ai Announces Sales And Business Development Appointments
Scott has been in the apparel industry his entire life: with his family, as a corporate executive, as owner of his own fashion apparel firm and as a marketer of apparel technology. He held corporate positions including product development manager in Girbaud, a division of VF Corp. As a producer, he designed and produced his own apparel in the Caribbean for sale to US markets.
Scott is also known for his ability to market the technology to automate the 'front end' of the apparel design cycle, and worked in sales at both Microdynamics and Gerber Information Systems before joining Ai. Based in New York, he assumes responsibility for Ai sales offices in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles, and will add additional offices.
As Ai's new senior vice president, business development, Steve Pearson brings to his role over 21 years' experience in a range of merchandising, production and sourcing position at The Gap. Prior to joining Ai, he was The Gap's VP, international sourcing and technical services.
At Ai, Steve brings this global experience directly to work. He is responsible for making Ai the sewn goods vertical B2B marketplace for apparel, footwear, textile and accessory producers. Using his experience in sourcing and procurement, he is building partnerships around the world that complement Ai's core application ? on-line collaborative product development.
Ai delivered the first web-based communications tool to help designers of textile, apparel, footwear and sewn goods all over the world get their creations manufactured easier, better, faster and cheaper. Ai is an ICG (www.internetcapital.com) partner, one of over 60 of their investments focused on global B2B marketplaces. To ICG, Ai is the leading B2B e-commerce innovator in the apparel industry.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Apparel giant Gap Inc says it will open two branches of its Banana Republic chain in Tokyo later this summer....
US apparel giant Gap Inc has reported a slump in first-quarter income, after its namesake division saw poor sales of women's spring collections....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
Gap has announced that in addition to its 18 Gap stores to be opened in Japan this year it will open five Banana Republic stores in Tokyo....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has announced that its new women's retail division will be called Forth & Towne, alongside revealing a number of strategic growth initiatives....
Apparel company VF Corp has set up a new company in partnership with designer John Varvatos after two years of uncertainty over Varvatos's brand, according to executives quoted by the New York Post....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar