US: Air Jordan XX3 launched by Nike
Nike division Jordan Brand, dedicated to basketball idol Michael Jordon, has announced the launch of its new basketball shoe Air Jordan XX3.
It marks 23 years since the Air Jordan range first launched, with the first released in 1985 during Michael Jordan's rookie basketball season.
"The Air Jordan XX3 is deeply meaningful to me, as a celebration of both my life and career. The number 23 is obviously of great significance to me and the release of the XX3 is a pinnacle moment in the brand's history," said Michael Jordan.
Michael Jordan and shoe designer, Tinker Hatfield, Nike's vice president of Innovation Design & Special Projects, collaborated on the design of Air Jordan XX3.
"Our goal was to make the Air Jordan XX3 the best basketball shoe ever, both in performance and sustainability. The handcraftsmanship and innovation built into this shoe is simply unmatched," said Hatfield.
A limited release is slated for 25 January with a suggested retail price of US$230, before a US launch at a suggested retail price of $185.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Women's wear retailer The Talbots Inc is in the midst of a major turnaround aimed at slashing costs by $100m by the end of next year and restoring its business to profitable growth. Earlier this month...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Textile manufacturer Chutex Group, which supplies goods for many of the world's top apparel brands, yesterday (3 July) faced a pay strike by 6,000 workers at a Vietnamese plant....
Nike will focus most of its advertising efforts on athletes and teams at the forthcoming Beijing Olympics - amid reports that it might not enjoy the television exposure afforded to official sponsors l...
Members of the US athletics team at this year's Beijing Olympics will be kitted out in Nike's "lightest ever" apparel and footwear, aimed at reducing drag and helping athletes to run faster....
Outdoor apparel and footwear maker Columbia Sportswear Company has appointed Tim Bartels as its new vice president of global footwear sales and promoted Mitch Fields to vice president of global appare...
Strong sales growth in Europe, Asia and the Americas has helped Nike Inc, the world's leading sportswear company, to a 12% jump in fourth quarter profit....
Sales of fashion-focused athletic shoes are racing ahead of those designed for a specific sport according to new figures released this week....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective