USA: Alaïa Reported To Be In Talks With Prada Or Pegasus
Azzedine Alaïa, the Tunisian-born fashion designer, is rumoured to be in talks with a major American fashion group, according to Fashion Net.Alaïa, who discovered supermodels Naomi Campbell and Cindy Crawford and whose clients have included Greta Garbo and Cécile de Rothschild, is thought to be considering a tie up with Prada or fledgling fashion conglomerate the Pegasus Apparel Group.If the deal goes through, Alaïa's new partner will allow him to expand his atelier, founded 21 years ago, while also taking care of business.Both Prada and Pegasus have been named as potential partners, but it is unlikely that an agreement will be reached until at least November, Fashion Net predicted.Pegasus, which has been described by the New York Post as an LVMH in the making, has snapped up designers Daryl K, Pamela Dennis, Cynthia Rowley, John Bartlett, and Miguel Adrover (who won the 2000 CFDA's Best New Designer award) so far this year. "We bring everything but the design talent," said Pegasus Apparel Group CEO Stephen Ruzow. Ruzow, a veteran fashion executive who has worked for Donna Karan and Warnaco, says that he plans to buy eight to 10 companies and is hoping to pull in revenues of $400m a year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective