US: Alberto Makali selects NGC for PLM and ERP
Luxury women's fashion brand Alberto Makali has selected NGC's Global Enterprise Suite as an integrated solution for PLM and ERP to help support its global growth.
New York-based Alberto Makali designs and produces evening wear, sportswear and dresses that are sold by leading retailers such as Saks, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Dillard's, as well as boutiques and specialty stores around the world.
The fashion brand has experienced double-digit growth and global expansion in recent years, increasing from one division to six, adding new product lines in all divisions, and opening offices in Madrid and Dubai.
"Alberto Makali has experienced consistent growth, and our existing software limited us," explained Stefano Derasmo, director of operations.
"Due to these inefficiencies, our people rely heavily on spreadsheets and manual processes, which left us vulnerable to errors."
The company expects the new software platform to help improve efficiency and information flow, standardise its business processes, support rapid growth, and be flexible and easy to use
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Fashion brand Façonnable has implemented Lectra Fashion PLM to help boost business growth by streamlining the development of its collections....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) specialist Centric Software Inc has raised another $19m in venture capital financing - which it intends to use to fuel ongoing product and business development effor...
Benetton is rolling out the WFX On-demand web-based PLM solution across its South Asian operations to help manage product development and production and to collaborate with its vendor base....
Outdoor wear company Cabela's has implemented a product lifecycle management system (PLM) from PTC to eliminate redundant tasks and enable more time for creativity and innovation. ...
Upscale department store retailer Saks Incorporated today (13 November) said it remains cautious in its outlook for the rest of the year as the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy takes its toll....
Ascena Retail Group is investing in TradeStone Software's Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions to help drive collaboration, enhance consistency and improve efficiency across its business....
Clothing retailer Brooks Brothers Group has selected a new Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution to help improve product design and development effectiveness, reduce costs and better capture mar...
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras