US: Alberto Makali selects NGC for PLM and ERP
Luxury women's fashion brand Alberto Makali has selected NGC's Global Enterprise Suite as an integrated solution for PLM and ERP to help support its global growth.
New York-based Alberto Makali designs and produces evening wear, sportswear and dresses that are sold by leading retailers such as Saks, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Dillard's, as well as boutiques and specialty stores around the world.
The fashion brand has experienced double-digit growth and global expansion in recent years, increasing from one division to six, adding new product lines in all divisions, and opening offices in Madrid and Dubai.
"Alberto Makali has experienced consistent growth, and our existing software limited us," explained Stefano Derasmo, director of operations.
"Due to these inefficiencies, our people rely heavily on spreadsheets and manual processes, which left us vulnerable to errors."
The company expects the new software platform to help improve efficiency and information flow, standardise its business processes, support rapid growth, and be flexible and easy to use
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
Fashion brand Façonnable has implemented Lectra Fashion PLM to help boost business growth by streamlining the development of its collections....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) specialist Centric Software Inc has raised another $19m in venture capital financing - which it intends to use to fuel ongoing product and business development effor...
Benetton is rolling out the WFX On-demand web-based PLM solution across its South Asian operations to help manage product development and production and to collaborate with its vendor base....
Outdoor wear company Cabela's has implemented a product lifecycle management system (PLM) from PTC to eliminate redundant tasks and enable more time for creativity and innovation. ...
Upscale department store retailer Saks Incorporated today (13 November) said it remains cautious in its outlook for the rest of the year as the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy takes its toll....
Ascena Retail Group is investing in TradeStone Software's Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions to help drive collaboration, enhance consistency and improve efficiency across its business....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change