US: Alberto Makali selects NGC for PLM and ERP
Luxury women's fashion brand Alberto Makali has selected NGC's Global Enterprise Suite as an integrated solution for PLM and ERP to help support its global growth.
New York-based Alberto Makali designs and produces evening wear, sportswear and dresses that are sold by leading retailers such as Saks, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Dillard's, as well as boutiques and specialty stores around the world.
The fashion brand has experienced double-digit growth and global expansion in recent years, increasing from one division to six, adding new product lines in all divisions, and opening offices in Madrid and Dubai.
"Alberto Makali has experienced consistent growth, and our existing software limited us," explained Stefano Derasmo, director of operations.
"Due to these inefficiencies, our people rely heavily on spreadsheets and manual processes, which left us vulnerable to errors."
The company expects the new software platform to help improve efficiency and information flow, standardise its business processes, support rapid growth, and be flexible and easy to use
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
Fashion brand Façonnable has implemented Lectra Fashion PLM to help boost business growth by streamlining the development of its collections....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) specialist Centric Software Inc has raised another $19m in venture capital financing - which it intends to use to fuel ongoing product and business development effor...
Benetton is rolling out the WFX On-demand web-based PLM solution across its South Asian operations to help manage product development and production and to collaborate with its vendor base....
Outdoor wear company Cabela's has implemented a product lifecycle management system (PLM) from PTC to eliminate redundant tasks and enable more time for creativity and innovation. ...
Upscale department store retailer Saks Incorporated today (13 November) said it remains cautious in its outlook for the rest of the year as the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy takes its toll....
Ascena Retail Group is investing in TradeStone Software's Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions to help drive collaboration, enhance consistency and improve efficiency across its business....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report