UK: Albion Posts £338,000 Half-Yearly Loss
According to a company statement, the loss was largely due to one of its major customers, menswear retailer Ciro Citterio, going into administration.
"Attempts to replace that lost turnover have not proved successful and continuing high street price pressure has had the effect of reducing our trading margin," the company said.
However, Albiion said it was working with Chinese sources and hoped to be selected as a first choice suit supplier to a number of new customers.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts