UK: Alchemy Waits In The Wings For William Baird
A vote of no confidence in the directors at William Baird has effectively left the apparel maker open to another bid from venture capital firm Alchemy Partners. And with the prospect of a further defeat in its attempt to sue Marks & Spencer for up to £60 million in damages looming next month, it is thought that Baird's non-executive director might be receptive to the offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"