UK: Alexon sales sluggish, expects FY profit drop
High-street clothing and shoe group Alexon has reported a negative January trading update on a mixed performance of its brands.
Same-store sales for the 23 weeks ended 8 January slipped 1.7% from last year, on stronger gross margins.
For the 9 weeks ended 8 January, same-store sales were down 2.9% from a year ago.
Alexon commented: "The pattern of trade was similar to last year with sluggish pre-Christmas sales being followed by a strong start to the winter sale.
"There was a mixed performance across the group's division - whereas Alexon brands and Dolcis performed soundly, men's wear was soft and Bay Trading poor."
The company added: "Stock levels are under control and in line with plan."
Alexon expects full-year 2005 operating profit before interest and goodwill amortisation to be at least GBP31.5m (US$55.7m) compared to GBP32.6m last year.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Tough high street trading has pushed down half-year profits at Alexon Group Plc, the clothing retailer said today....
Apparel and footwear retailer Alexon Group has reported a 3.6 per cent slump in same-store sales for the 18-week period ended 4 June 2005, with men's wear and Dolcis continuing to suffer from poor tra...
Retail group Alexon has warned that the demise of the Allders department store group could knock its earnings by £3 million in 2005....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020