UK: Alexon To Expand Minuet Brand
Fashion retailer, Alexon, is to expand its Minuet brand, after recording a five per cent rise in second-half like-for-like sales across the group.
Alexon said in a statement that sales of its new season spring/summer merchandise were encouraging across all six brands with the strongest performances coming from Ann Harvey and Minuet.
Now it has revealed that it is intending to capitalise on the success of the Minuet brand by opening a further 20 outlets during the next 12 months. Minuet ended the year with 41 outlets.
Alexon chief executive, John Osborn, said: "Ann Harvey showed a modest improvement on what had been a disappointing first half and Minuet, which is on a steep learning curve, made strong progress."
The brand is described as "a timeless range of clothing for today's modern woman of 5'4 and under in sizes 8 -16.
by Deborah Bowyer
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective