UK: Alexon To Smash Profit Forecasts On Strong Sales
The Luton-based operator of 1,345 stores under banners including Kaliko, Dash and Ann Harvey, said same-store sales in the six weeks to January 4 climbed two per cent year-on-year.
Alexon said that like-for-like rise was lower than the year-ago hike of 15 per cent with its womenswear chain Bay Trading and its Style men’s apparel chain bearing the brunt of the slowdown, but said Dolcis had performed well.
The group said its pre-tax profit is expected to jump almost 50 per cent to more than £30 million in the 12 months to January 25 from £20.8m due to a successful redistribution of its brands.
Companies: Alexon Group Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Tough high street trading has pushed down half-year profits at Alexon Group Plc, the clothing retailer said today....
Fashion brand Rocawear has reduced product development cycle times in its core businesses by 66 per cent with the implementation of Yunique Solutions Inc's its plmOn solution at its Manhattan headquar...
Apparel and footwear retailer Alexon Group has reported a 3.6 per cent slump in same-store sales for the 18-week period ended 4 June 2005, with men's wear and Dolcis continuing to suffer from poor tra...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective