UK: Alexon To Trial New Men's Wear Chain
Style Holdings, the men's wear division of Alexon, is to trial a new chain of shops from next month. The new shops, called Zink, will sell value for money men's fashion wear for the 18-35 age group, designed primarily for the club and casual scene. Two former Dolcis stores in Derby and Doncaster are being converted into Zink shops for the trial. If they are a success, the chain could be launched nationwide. The move follows the success of the company's Envy chain of men's wear shops which sell young "aspirational" brands. David Gee, managing director of Uxbridge-based Style Holdings, said Zink is aimed at the value for money market: "We felt there was room in the market for something more value-orientated." Meanwhile, Alexon has launched a new label for women called Alex & Co. The brand is aimed at the career woman aged 35-50. Alexon says Alex & Co will sit alongside Alexon which will continue to appeal to its existing classic customer. The company hopes Alex & Co will appeal to a new, more contemporary woman who may not have shopped with them before.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack