UK: Alexon To Trial New Men's Wear Chain
Style Holdings, the men's wear division of Alexon, is to trial a new chain of shops from next month. The new shops, called Zink, will sell value for money men's fashion wear for the 18-35 age group, designed primarily for the club and casual scene. Two former Dolcis stores in Derby and Doncaster are being converted into Zink shops for the trial. If they are a success, the chain could be launched nationwide. The move follows the success of the company's Envy chain of men's wear shops which sell young "aspirational" brands. David Gee, managing director of Uxbridge-based Style Holdings, said Zink is aimed at the value for money market: "We felt there was room in the market for something more value-orientated." Meanwhile, Alexon has launched a new label for women called Alex & Co. The brand is aimed at the career woman aged 35-50. Alexon says Alex & Co will sit alongside Alexon which will continue to appeal to its existing classic customer. The company hopes Alex & Co will appeal to a new, more contemporary woman who may not have shopped with them before.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar