CANADA: Algo Group Q1 Sales Fall By $2 Million
Canadian fashion manufacturer and importer Algo Group Inc said sales for the first quarter ended 31 March 2002 were in line with expectations, falling to $25.1 million from $27 million last year.
Net loss at the ladies', men's and children's wear company was $180,000, compared with a net loss of $212,000 for the quarter.
Algo group president and CEO, Dan Elituv, said in a statement: "The closure of the US division of the Ladies' Fashion Business Unit and the termination of the license agreements with BCBG Max Azria, both of which occurred at the end of 2001, were the principal reasons for the sales decrease during the first quarter."
Companies: PVH Corporation
Fashion group BCBG Max Azria said an entity to be owned by itself and Guggenheim Corporate Funding (GFC) has won the bidding for the G+G retail business....
US fashion group BCBG Max Azria has bought Madrid-based women's prêt-a-porter retailer Don Algodon to expand in Spain's fast-growing apparel market....
Clothing group Alain Manoukian has reported turnover of €60.51 million for the first half of 2005, compared to the €66.04m registered the same time last year....
The owners of French clothing group Alain Manoukian are considering selling off the company to French-US consortium BCBG-Max Azria this month according to French media reports....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020