UK: Allders Buys Four C&A Stores
Allders department stores is expanding its portfolio after buying four former C&A stores in top retail locations. The department store group has bought stores in Guildford, Kingston, York and Leicester, three of which will be Allders at Home and the fourth a new department store. C&A announced in June that it was shutting all its British and Irish shops after more than 75 years in business in the UK. The department store, at Leicester, Humberstone Gate, will open in May next year. The four stores add an overall selling space of about 117,000 sq ft. The Allders at Home stores, to be located in Guildford, Friary Centre, Kingston, Eden Street and York, Coppergate, will open in March. A spokesman for Allders said all four new stores are ranked in the top 25 major retail centre destinations in the country. He said: "We have had a good year taking into account the current retail climate and are delighted to be adding these four locations to our list."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022