UK: Allders Buys Four C&A Stores
Allders department stores is expanding its portfolio after buying four former C&A stores in top retail locations. The department store group has bought stores in Guildford, Kingston, York and Leicester, three of which will be Allders at Home and the fourth a new department store. C&A announced in June that it was shutting all its British and Irish shops after more than 75 years in business in the UK. The department store, at Leicester, Humberstone Gate, will open in May next year. The four stores add an overall selling space of about 117,000 sq ft. The Allders at Home stores, to be located in Guildford, Friary Centre, Kingston, Eden Street and York, Coppergate, will open in March. A spokesman for Allders said all four new stores are ranked in the top 25 major retail centre destinations in the country. He said: "We have had a good year taking into account the current retail climate and are delighted to be adding these four locations to our list."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020