UK: Allders Stalker Hunter Buys More Shares, Reviews Options
In a statement on Tuesday, Hunter's West Coast Capital investment vehicle said it is "reviewing its options in relation to Allders" and "may or may not make an offer" for the group.
It added: "For the avoidance of doubt, West Coast Capital confirms that it has not entered into any agreements or arrangements with Minerva."
Allders has already accepted a £132 million takeover offer from major shareholder Minerva while Hunter recently saw his £197m bid for House of Fraser rejected by its board.
Following yesterday’s purchase of shares, West Coast now holds around a six per cent stake in Allders. He needs to own a 7.5 per cent stake in order to block Minerva's bid.
Hunter, who made £260m when he sold Sports Division to JJB Sports in 1998, is expected to decide whether to raise his House of Fraser bid when the retailer announces its latest results on Thursday.
Companies: House of Fraser
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Guatemala's proximity to the United States is being hailed as a key to the survival of the region's apparel industry. But its ability to deliver on the speed-to-market promise depends on more than loc...
Department store retailer House of Fraser has reported a 4.6% growth in yearly profits, and said it enjoyed better-than-predicted trading at the start of its new year...
Department store chain House of Fraser said early talks over a potential sale of the company have stopped....
Department store chain House of Fraser is in very preliminary takeover talks after being approached by private equity firm Apax Partners, a House of Fraser spokesperson confirmed to just-style....
Department store chain House of Fraser has enjoyed a 34.2% net sales rise for the 6-week period ended 7 January, driven by the acquisitions of Jenners and Beatties and new store openings....
Market trend and merchandising strategy source The Doneger Group has appointed Janine Blain to head up its new West Coast operations....
The UK's third-biggest department-store chain, House of Fraser Plc, has signed a deal to acquire smaller rival James Beattie Plc for £69.4 million....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar