US: Allen-Edmonds enters casual comfort shoe sector
Men's shoemaker Allen-Edmonds is launching a new line of casual comfort footwear, marking a departure from the traditional wing tips and cap toes for which the company is known.
The shoes in the Casual Comfort Collection will be made of top-quality calfskin, with rubber soles that absorb shock.
Two inner soles combine to provide superior comfort and cushioning, while a wider toe box - in addition to the variety of widths available - is claimed to provide the perfect fit for any foot.
Allen-Edmonds said the shoes are also designed to flex naturally with the movement of the wearer's feet.
Casual Comfort will be unveiled this weekend at trade show New York Collective and will be available nationwide and online in autumn 2006.
Allen-Edmonds president and chief executive John Stollenwerk said: "At Allen-Edmonds, we're changing to meet our customers' needs and fit their diverse lifestyles.
"Now Allen-Edmonds enthusiasts can wear our shoes seven days a week. And for the younger set who might not already own a pair of Allen-Edmonds, the Casual Comfort Collection offers a great opportunity to enjoy the Allen-Edmonds experience for the first time".
1922-established Allen-Edmonds Shoe manufactures and markets premium men's footwear, accessories and cedar products.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Is China losing its edge as a US apparel supplier?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report