NEW ZEALAND: Alliance Execs Buy Swanndri And Royal Wools
With the backing of private investors, senior Alliance managers Julian Bowden and Gerard Kilpatrick bought the two apparel brands for an undisclosed sum.
The new company, Swanndri New Zealand Ltd, will have a sales and marketing base in Christchurch and continue to manufacture at a plant in Timaru.
It is expected to employ between 35 and 40 people and have an annual turnover of about NZ$10 million.
According to chairman George Cowper, the newly formed company had "huge potential" for export growth.
"I am confident that the intrinsic value of this brand, combined with the credentials and strength of the staff, management team and board of directors, will be the essential elements in the company's success," he said.
Swanndri is believed to be the oldest apparel brand in New Zealand, with a history dating back to 1913.
Companies: Asda Group Limited
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
High-street design favourite George Davies is to take on the task of rejuvenating Marks & Spencer's children's wear collections, press reports said....
Apprel group VF has appointed George Irion as head of a new procurement organisation structure designed to identify cross-coalition purchasing opportunities and alliances for VF....
Retail operations and security specialist Paul Burrows has joined Norprint Labelling Systems Limited to head up retail security development....
Supermarket chain Asda is to take on 2,800 new employees across its British stores as it continues to expand into non-food sectors including clothing....
High-street retailer Marks & Spencer today reported a 19.6 per cent hike in first-half profits - and made the surprise announcement that Per Una founder George Davies is to stay on at the company, a m...
City analyst Richard Ratner has warned of a legal clash between high-street chain Marks & Spencer and George Davies, founder of its Per Una range, if Davies continues with his plan to establish a comp...
Design consultant George Davies, who last week announced his departure from Marks & Spencer's Per Una fashion brand, is planning to establish a stand-alone clothing chain to rival M&S....
Global lifestyle brand Nautica has signed a deal with lifestyle sports entertainment company AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour Inc to be the official sponsor of volleyball touring series the AVP Nissan Se...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022