UK: AllSaints joins ban on angora
Fashion retailer AllSaints has joined a number of other firms in banning the use on angora from its future collections following pressure from animal rights group PETA.
The retailer has also removed all products containing angora from its store shelves and racks, joining the likes of & Other Stories, Asos, Boden, Calvin Klein, Cheap Monday, Cos, Mango, Monki and Tommy Hilfiger, according to a list supplied by PETA.
The animal rights group last year exposed "shocking" conditions at farms in China, where 90% of the world's angora wool is sourced.
And it says Chinese media reports suggest boycotting the fibre has led to a "rapid decrease in demand" and a "plummeting price" of angora wool.
Retailers including Arcadia Group (which includes BHS, Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Outfit, Topman, Topshop and Wallis), Debenhams, Forever 21, H&M, Lands' End, Marks & Spencer, New Look, Next and Primark have pledged to keep angora out of their future collections but are still selling existing angora stock.
Introduction Global Womenswear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also conta...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Levi Strauss & Co. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry