UK: AllSaints joins ban on angora
Fashion retailer AllSaints has joined a number of other firms in banning the use on angora from its future collections following pressure from animal rights group PETA.
The retailer has also removed all products containing angora from its store shelves and racks, joining the likes of & Other Stories, Asos, Boden, Calvin Klein, Cheap Monday, Cos, Mango, Monki and Tommy Hilfiger, according to a list supplied by PETA.
The animal rights group last year exposed "shocking" conditions at farms in China, where 90% of the world's angora wool is sourced.
And it says Chinese media reports suggest boycotting the fibre has led to a "rapid decrease in demand" and a "plummeting price" of angora wool.
Retailers including Arcadia Group (which includes BHS, Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Outfit, Topman, Topshop and Wallis), Debenhams, Forever 21, H&M, Lands' End, Marks & Spencer, New Look, Next and Primark have pledged to keep angora out of their future collections but are still selling existing angora stock.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
Signs that the 'Made in the UK' movement is gaining traction were boosted today (18 July) with the news that Tesco's F&F brand has inked a deal with Durham clothing manufacturer the AMA Group....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Chinese fabric and garment maker FOB Direct has chosen to invest in cloud-based product lifestyle management (PLM) technology to align its business operations....
Levi Strauss & Co. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change