UK: AllSaints joins ban on angora
Fashion retailer AllSaints has joined a number of other firms in banning the use on angora from its future collections following pressure from animal rights group PETA.
The retailer has also removed all products containing angora from its store shelves and racks, joining the likes of & Other Stories, Asos, Boden, Calvin Klein, Cheap Monday, Cos, Mango, Monki and Tommy Hilfiger, according to a list supplied by PETA.
The animal rights group last year exposed "shocking" conditions at farms in China, where 90% of the world's angora wool is sourced.
And it says Chinese media reports suggest boycotting the fibre has led to a "rapid decrease in demand" and a "plummeting price" of angora wool.
Retailers including Arcadia Group (which includes BHS, Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Outfit, Topman, Topshop and Wallis), Debenhams, Forever 21, H&M, Lands' End, Marks & Spencer, New Look, Next and Primark have pledged to keep angora out of their future collections but are still selling existing angora stock.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
The collapse of a multilateral trade agreement aimed at streamlining customs procedures worldwide by cutting red tape and speeding up port clearances has been criticised by the group representing US a...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Workwear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: General Workwear, Corporate Workwear, and Uniforms. The report provides separate comprehensive...
Levi Strauss & Co. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report