INDIA: Alok texturising unit sets on fire
A texturising unit belonging to Alok Industries Limited caught fire but was then confined and put out with no casualties.
The fire took place at the Alok unit in Silvassa at around 4.30pm yesterday (16 August).
The cause of the blaze was unknown, but it was confined only to the texturising unit and all other operations of the company remain unaffected, the company said.
Alok added that its management had acted promptly to bring the situation under control, and that the extent of damage to the plant is being assessed.
"The company's plants are adequately insured against fire, including its coverage under the loss of profit policy. Texturising being a stand-alone unit, the company does not expect any impact on other operations of the company, " said Dilip Jiwrajka, managing director of Alok Industries.
Textiles manufacturer Alok Industries is to join forces with National Textile Corp (NTC) to renovate and operate two struggling state-run mills in Mumbai and Aurangabad....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020