NORWAY: Altor coy on Helly Hansen sale plans
Private-equity firm Altor has remained coy on reports that it plans to put outdoor clothing brand Helly Hansen up for sale this week.
Altor confirmed to just-style in December that it would be seeking more than NOK2bn for the brand. Swedish daily DN also reported in December that potential suitors could include big private-equity firms like Blackstone or the Carlyle Group.
Altor sold Helly Hansen Pro, a subsidiary focusing on survival suits, boat canopies and textile-based products for agriculture, industry and health sectors, to Montagu Private Equity in December 2010.
An Altor spokesperson declined to comment on the "rumours".
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at global technical textiles, a report on the clothing and footwear market in Russia, and a company profile on Foot Locker....
French apparel group PPR has named Marie-Claire Daveu as chief sustainability officer and head of international institutional affairs. ...
PPR/Redcats-owned home shopping specialist La Redoute has lost its appeal against a conviction for selling a swimsuit copied from Marseille-based designer label Pain et Sucre....
French footwear designer Christian Louboutin's distinctive red soles have been given trademark protection, a US appeals court ruled yesterday (6 September). ...
Michael McCormick, executive vice president of global sales and marketing at outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear, has resigned for personal reasons....
Hampshire Group has appointed Robert Stec as president of Hampshire Brands, where he will oversee the US apparel company's licensed men's wear brands including Panama Jack and Dockers, as well as its ...
A US court is set to decide later this month whether to go ahead with a lawsuit involving Columbia Sportswear and Innovative Sports over technology used to produce heated clothing....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- US cotton production set to decline
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details