NORWAY: Altor coy on Helly Hansen sale plans
Private-equity firm Altor has remained coy on reports that it plans to put outdoor clothing brand Helly Hansen up for sale this week.
Altor confirmed to just-style in December that it would be seeking more than NOK2bn for the brand. Swedish daily DN also reported in December that potential suitors could include big private-equity firms like Blackstone or the Carlyle Group.
Altor sold Helly Hansen Pro, a subsidiary focusing on survival suits, boat canopies and textile-based products for agriculture, industry and health sectors, to Montagu Private Equity in December 2010.
An Altor spokesperson declined to comment on the "rumours".
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at global technical textiles, a report on the clothing and footwear market in Russia, and a company profile on Foot Locker....
French apparel group PPR has named Marie-Claire Daveu as chief sustainability officer and head of international institutional affairs. ...
PPR/Redcats-owned home shopping specialist La Redoute has lost its appeal against a conviction for selling a swimsuit copied from Marseille-based designer label Pain et Sucre....
French footwear designer Christian Louboutin's distinctive red soles have been given trademark protection, a US appeals court ruled yesterday (6 September). ...
Michael McCormick, executive vice president of global sales and marketing at outdoor apparel and footwear firm Columbia Sportswear, has resigned for personal reasons....
Hampshire Group has appointed Robert Stec as president of Hampshire Brands, where he will oversee the US apparel company's licensed men's wear brands including Panama Jack and Dockers, as well as its ...
A US court is set to decide later this month whether to go ahead with a lawsuit involving Columbia Sportswear and Innovative Sports over technology used to produce heated clothing....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory