Altra develops wearable tech running shoe
The patent pending Altra IQ is powered by iFit, and is designed to make you better informed about your own personal biomechanics
Altra Running has developed a running shoe able to collect data about your stride as you run using a razor-thin, multi-sensor system.
The patent pending Altra IQ is powered by iFit, and is designed to make you better informed about your own personal biomechanics.
The system is embedded in the shoe’s midsole and tracks a range of running intelligence, such as exactly where you’re striking on your foot. Bluetooth technology then transmits your data to an iFit app or watch.
The shoe features brand’s signature FootShape toe box, Zero Drop sole and proprietary A-Bound cushioning.
"For too long, ‘How far?’ and ‘How fast?’ have been the only two metrics used to analyse your run," said Altra’s VP of sales and co-founder Brian Beckstead. "The Altra IQ gathers intelligence on a full range of running biomechanics. For example, you’ll learn right away if you are landing harder on one foot, and which could easily turn out to be the reason your knee hurts. Then with individual data collected from your running form, we’ll provide personal critiques, just like a coach, to improve your run, every time you run."
The shoe will be shown at the 2015 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Salt Lake City, this week.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar