Alvanon appoints Fong as Asia Pacific consultant
Apparel and textile industry consultancy Alvanon is strengthening its core fashion advisory capabilities in Asia Pacific with the appointment of May Fong as senior consultant for the region.
Fong, previously senior regional product manager for Lacoste Asia Pacific, will liaise with fashion business clients to identify their brand-building and business-growth challenges and offer customised best practice solutions.
"Alvanon's existing and prospective clients throughout the Asia Pacific arena will benefit from May Fong's proven ability to anticipate, recognise and address their most intricate of fashion business concerns," says Alvanon's executive director Don Howard. "Plus, she is fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese and English, which will allow her to coordinate planning among fashion businesses that interact across Asia Pacific, Europe and the US.
"May brings exceptional value to Alvanon's knowledge base, particularly in the areas of retail operations, merchandising, product development and supply chain management," he adds.
May holds a Master of Management from The Macquarie Graduate School of Management, Australia and a Bachelor of Arts in Japanese Studies from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Technology specialist Lectra has upgraded what it says is the most widely used 2D/3D pattern making and grading solution for the apparel and textile industry worldwide. ...
The International Apparel Federation (IAF) has appointed Han Bekke, the chairman of Dutch apparel association MODINT, as its new president. ...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020