UK: Alvanon brings "Fashion Fit Movement" to UK
Alvanon is donating 16 AlvaForms to Fashion Enter as part of its 'Fashion Fit Movement'
As part of efforts to restore fashion skills and manufacturing, fit specialist Alvanon has committed over GBP50,000 (US$83,860) worth of technical fit forms and pattern blocks to a garment manufacturer and training centre in the UK.
The move, which is part of Alvanon's "Fashion Fit Movement", will help Fashion Enter's production team and apprentices design and produce 'best' fitting garments.
The factory houses the Stitching Academy, a collaborative apprenticeship and training facility set up in partnership with Asos, and a fashion studio for small production runs and sampling.
16 AlvaForms will be located throughout the factory, including in its pattern making and grading, sampling, fitting and production-line departments.
"Alvanon's donation will enable our sewing professionals and apprentices to size and fit garments accurately and consistently across the production process," said Fashion Enter founder and CEO Jenny Holloway.
She also highlighted the importance of producing clothes that satisfy the sizing and fit requirements of its customers, adding: "It means they get clothes that fit more of their customers better, this leads to greater customer loyalty, increased demand and translates into repeat business for us."
Alvanon CEO Janice Wang added: "Fashion Enter is restoring 'the lost art of the technical' and this will have a major impact on the UK's ability to re-build its garment manufacturing sector."
Fashion Enter is the second business to benefit from Alvanon's 'Fashion Fit Movement'. Alvanon's first donation was made to the Council of Fashion Designers of America's Fashion Manufacturing Initiative (FMI), an investment fund which offers match funding to selected New York-based fashion manufacturers.
The donation included AlvaForm technical fit mannequins and AlvaBlock pattern templates, which were awarded to pattern service Werkstatt.
John Lewis Partnership Plc registered only minimal growth in profits in 2011/12 due to the costs of the introduction of new outlets and the tough trading conditions engendered by the recession. Howeve...
Over the forecast period, Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd will continue to monitor and review efficiency in supply chain and other operations in order to reduce cost. The company will also continue...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched its Professional Development Series (PDS) workshops in Hong Kong, designed to offer "world class insight" into best product development and apparel fit practices....
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report