Alvanon showcases new fit and sizing tool
The Intimate/Swim AlvaForm helps designers achieve more realistic fittings of compression wear fabrics
UK fit specialist Alvanon has launched its latest academic fit and sizing tools that mimic the fit of lingerie and swimwear on real women.
The Intimate/Swim AlvaForm and Half-Scale AlvaForm, along with its industry standard ASTM Missy Curvy AlvaForm and AlvaBlock pattern set, were showcased last week at the International Textile and Apparel Association ITAA's 2014 Annual Conference in North Carolina.
The technical fit mannequin mimics the fit of lingerie and swimwear on real women, enabling designers, manufacturers and retailers to create and market intimate apparel and swimwear that fits more women more consistently, while achieving greater comfort and customer satisfaction.
The Intimate/Swim AlvaForm helps designers achieve more realistic fittings of compression wear fabrics, and is 15% softer than Alvanon's standard soft mannequins, the company said.
The space-saving mannequin is shaped in a torso form style and is cut at mid-thigh for the added ability to create bottoms. It comes with a portable hanging stand.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel size and fit specialist Alvanon has tapped Tracy Woosley to the role of senior consultant, adding the former Target executive in a bid to strengthen its apparel business advisory capabilities....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022