US: Amanda Bynes launches fashion brand with Steve & Barry's
Actress Amanda Bynes has launched her first ever apparel, accessory, and footwear line, called Dear, with casual apparel retailer Steve & Barry's.
The star of blockbuster movie Hairspray collaborated with a team from Steve & Barry's for the line, which will be sold exclusively at the retailer best known for pricing every item at $19.98 or below.
It hits stores just in time for back-to-school and features pieces Bynes says were designed "for girls to hold 'dear' for years to come."
The partnership between Bynes and Steve & Barry's was announced earlier this year.
The initial assortment of the Dear collection offers more than 220 pieces comprising a head-to-toe collection with jeans, casual pants, dresses, fitted polos, and graphic hoodies, Shoes, hats, bags, belts, and jewellery. Outerwear is also available, including down vests and jackets.
Steve & Barry's president Andy Todd said: "Our design team was brainstorming creative direction and Amanda said she wanted to call the line Dear. She wanted it to reflect her personal style and all the things that were dear to her. That became our benchmark for all the design elements."
In June, Steve & Barry's launched a new fashion label from former Sex And The City star Sarah Jessica Parker. The line, called Bitten, includes 500 pieces priced below $20 and in sizes ranging from 2 to 20.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020