BULGARIA: Amann, Donisthorpe Thread New Deal
As a direct result of its acquisition by the international industrial thread group Amann and Söhne GmbH, sewing thread major and linings specialist Donisthorpe and Company Limited has announced a new partnership agreement with Bulgarian textile and accessories distributor INTEX R Limited.
The agreement will help Donisthorpe support its offshore customers manufacturing in Eastern Europe. The company already has a longstanding distribution agreement with Unicorn Textiles Romania SRL in neighbouring Bucharest.
Donisthorpe will supply all of its key thread products through INTEX including its spun polyester thread, Universal, and its bulked polyester thread range Fern. Donisthorpe customers will also have access to a wide range of Amann threads including its high strength poly/poly core spun thread Saba and specialist threads including the ISA embroidery thread range and high specification technical threads used for such applications as high performance safety, outer and workwear.
INTEX, located in Sofia and within easy access of the country's main transportation routes, has already received Donisthorpe's initial shipments.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022