UK: Amazon denies interest in Asos
Internet retail giant Amazon has denied reports it is considering a bid for online clothing retailer Asos to drive fashion growth.
The clothing retailer allegedly attracted interest from Amazon after the e-commerce giant's founder Jeff Bezos met with Asos founder Nick Robertson in Seattle, US. Amazon looked at the clothing retailer's books earlier this year, according to The Telegraph.
However, a spokesperson for Amazon told just-style today (22 October): "There is no truth in this."
Meanwhille, Asos did not respond to requests for comment.
Amazon's former managing director Brian McBride is set to join Asos as non-executive chairman in November, replacing Lord Waheed Alli.
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
ASOS sells women’s wear, men's wear, footwear, lifestyle accessories, and jewelry and beauty products through its retail website. The company offers more than 50,000 branded and private label products...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
The online and luxury segments are set to provide a silver lining in what is an otherwise gloomy outlook for Australia's fashion industry, according to research released by IbisWorld. ...
Online clothing retailer Asos has seen second quarter sales continue to rise, driven by international growth as the UK business slowly reaches maturity. ...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020