UK: Amazon denies interest in Asos
Internet retail giant Amazon has denied reports it is considering a bid for online clothing retailer Asos to drive fashion growth.
The clothing retailer allegedly attracted interest from Amazon after the e-commerce giant's founder Jeff Bezos met with Asos founder Nick Robertson in Seattle, US. Amazon looked at the clothing retailer's books earlier this year, according to The Telegraph.
However, a spokesperson for Amazon told just-style today (22 October): "There is no truth in this."
Meanwhille, Asos did not respond to requests for comment.
Amazon's former managing director Brian McBride is set to join Asos as non-executive chairman in November, replacing Lord Waheed Alli.
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
The online and luxury segments are set to provide a silver lining in what is an otherwise gloomy outlook for Australia's fashion industry, according to research released by IbisWorld. ...
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Factory funding gap has mixed impact in Myanmar
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Under Armour lifts outlook after Q2 revenue hike
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020