UK: Amazon denies interest in Asos
Internet retail giant Amazon has denied reports it is considering a bid for online clothing retailer Asos to drive fashion growth.
The clothing retailer allegedly attracted interest from Amazon after the e-commerce giant's founder Jeff Bezos met with Asos founder Nick Robertson in Seattle, US. Amazon looked at the clothing retailer's books earlier this year, according to The Telegraph.
However, a spokesperson for Amazon told just-style today (22 October): "There is no truth in this."
Meanwhille, Asos did not respond to requests for comment.
Amazon's former managing director Brian McBride is set to join Asos as non-executive chairman in November, replacing Lord Waheed Alli.
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
The online and luxury segments are set to provide a silver lining in what is an otherwise gloomy outlook for Australia's fashion industry, according to research released by IbisWorld. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015