UK: Amazon denies interest in Asos
Internet retail giant Amazon has denied reports it is considering a bid for online clothing retailer Asos to drive fashion growth.
The clothing retailer allegedly attracted interest from Amazon after the e-commerce giant's founder Jeff Bezos met with Asos founder Nick Robertson in Seattle, US. Amazon looked at the clothing retailer's books earlier this year, according to The Telegraph.
However, a spokesperson for Amazon told just-style today (22 October): "There is no truth in this."
Meanwhille, Asos did not respond to requests for comment.
Amazon's former managing director Brian McBride is set to join Asos as non-executive chairman in November, replacing Lord Waheed Alli.
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
The online and luxury segments are set to provide a silver lining in what is an otherwise gloomy outlook for Australia's fashion industry, according to research released by IbisWorld. ...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- PSF 2015: GAFTI gears for change in apparel auditi
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Honduras “union-busting” rift unresolved
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019