UK: Amazon launches premium fashion store
The premium fashion store includes denim, lingerie, dresses, and outerwear
Internet retail giant Amazon has launched a premium online fashion store.
The premium fashion store, which includes denim, lingerie, dresses, and outerwear, will feature brands including 7 For All Mankind, Hudson, Joe's Jeans, Pringle, Eva Franco, Mimi Holliday and Princess Tam Tam. It is available at www.amazon.co.uk/premium.
"The new store brings together the latest, must-have women's fashion brands and marks the introduction of some of our favourite US denim brands at Amazon.co.uk," said Jessica Brown, head of fashion at Amazon.co.uk.
Francois Saugier, director of EU apparel at Amazon, said: "We are working with a growing number of exciting fashion brands across Europe as demand from our customers for premium fashion increases. We will continue to regularly add new brands and styles so that customers can find and buy all the latest fashions at the click of a button."
The launch of the web store coincided with Cyber Monday yesterday (3 December), which was predicted to be the busiest online shopping day in the UK this year.
Amazon said model Mary Charteris will showcase the collection.
US apparel maker Joe's Jeans has swung to a substantial loss during its first quarter due to a one-off expense of US$8.7m....
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault