UK: Amazon launches premium fashion store
The premium fashion store includes denim, lingerie, dresses, and outerwear
Internet retail giant Amazon has launched a premium online fashion store.
The premium fashion store, which includes denim, lingerie, dresses, and outerwear, will feature brands including 7 For All Mankind, Hudson, Joe's Jeans, Pringle, Eva Franco, Mimi Holliday and Princess Tam Tam. It is available at www.amazon.co.uk/premium.
"The new store brings together the latest, must-have women's fashion brands and marks the introduction of some of our favourite US denim brands at Amazon.co.uk," said Jessica Brown, head of fashion at Amazon.co.uk.
Francois Saugier, director of EU apparel at Amazon, said: "We are working with a growing number of exciting fashion brands across Europe as demand from our customers for premium fashion increases. We will continue to regularly add new brands and styles so that customers can find and buy all the latest fashions at the click of a button."
The launch of the web store coincided with Cyber Monday yesterday (3 December), which was predicted to be the busiest online shopping day in the UK this year.
Amazon said model Mary Charteris will showcase the collection.
US apparel maker Joe's Jeans has swung to a substantial loss during its first quarter due to a one-off expense of US$8.7m....
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam