USA: Ambassador Sorini Joins TextilEdge Board
TextilEdge, Inc the e-commerce marketplace for sourcing and procurement in the global apparel and textile industries, today announced the appointment of Ambassador Ron Sorini to its board.Ambassador Sorini has been active in international trade for almost 20 years. In 1989, he was appointed by President Bush and confirmed by the US Senate as Ambassador and Chief Textile Negotiator. Serving in this capacity until 1993, he was the principal negotiator on textile and apparel matters for NAFTA, the GATT/WTO agreement and bilateral agreements with over forty nations. Ambassador Sorini has previously served as senior vice president for international development and government relations at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. He currently serves as senior vice president of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg LLC, a law firm specializing in global trade issues, particularly in the textile and apparel industry."Ron's wealth of knowledge, experience and contacts within the textile and apparel industry make him an invaluable addition to the TextilEdge board of directors," said William Harris, CEO of TextilEdge. "Ron's thorough understanding of the domestic and global issues for apparel and textiles will be a tremendous benefit to TextilEdge and the industry as a whole as we continue to drive its shift to e-commerce.""I see this as a great opportunity to help the apparel and textile industries make some dramatic changes and improvements," said Ambassador Sorini.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores