USA: Ambassador Sorini Joins TextilEdge Board
TextilEdge, Inc the e-commerce marketplace for sourcing and procurement in the global apparel and textile industries, today announced the appointment of Ambassador Ron Sorini to its board.Ambassador Sorini has been active in international trade for almost 20 years. In 1989, he was appointed by President Bush and confirmed by the US Senate as Ambassador and Chief Textile Negotiator. Serving in this capacity until 1993, he was the principal negotiator on textile and apparel matters for NAFTA, the GATT/WTO agreement and bilateral agreements with over forty nations. Ambassador Sorini has previously served as senior vice president for international development and government relations at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. He currently serves as senior vice president of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg LLC, a law firm specializing in global trade issues, particularly in the textile and apparel industry."Ron's wealth of knowledge, experience and contacts within the textile and apparel industry make him an invaluable addition to the TextilEdge board of directors," said William Harris, CEO of TextilEdge. "Ron's thorough understanding of the domestic and global issues for apparel and textiles will be a tremendous benefit to TextilEdge and the industry as a whole as we continue to drive its shift to e-commerce.""I see this as a great opportunity to help the apparel and textile industries make some dramatic changes and improvements," said Ambassador Sorini.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020