USA: Ambassador Sorini Joins TextilEdge Board
TextilEdge, Inc the e-commerce marketplace for sourcing and procurement in the global apparel and textile industries, today announced the appointment of Ambassador Ron Sorini to its board.Ambassador Sorini has been active in international trade for almost 20 years. In 1989, he was appointed by President Bush and confirmed by the US Senate as Ambassador and Chief Textile Negotiator. Serving in this capacity until 1993, he was the principal negotiator on textile and apparel matters for NAFTA, the GATT/WTO agreement and bilateral agreements with over forty nations. Ambassador Sorini has previously served as senior vice president for international development and government relations at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. He currently serves as senior vice president of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg LLC, a law firm specializing in global trade issues, particularly in the textile and apparel industry."Ron's wealth of knowledge, experience and contacts within the textile and apparel industry make him an invaluable addition to the TextilEdge board of directors," said William Harris, CEO of TextilEdge. "Ron's thorough understanding of the domestic and global issues for apparel and textiles will be a tremendous benefit to TextilEdge and the industry as a whole as we continue to drive its shift to e-commerce.""I see this as a great opportunity to help the apparel and textile industries make some dramatic changes and improvements," said Ambassador Sorini.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective