US: American Apparel appoints Schiff as GMM
Casualwear retailer and manufacturer American Apparel has hired former Urban Ouftitters executive Jordan Schiff as its new general merchandise manager.
The retailer said Schiff joined the company earlier this month, and will be responsible for the merchandising strategy and execution for the brand globally.
"We are delighted to bring Jordan to the American Apparel team," said CEO Dov Charney.
"Jordan possesses a strong balance of creative and analytic skill, and has a deep appreciation of our brand. We look forward to his leadership and the pivotal role he'll play in our future development."
Schiff was a merchant at Urban Outfitters and reported to its CEO on strategic communications. He has also worked with Deloitte consulting and Deloitte Financial Services.
Retailer Urban Outfitters Inc has posed a 12% drop in first-quarter profit after the cost of opening new stories and higher markdowns on a few women's apparel lines offset a rise in sales....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras