US: American Apparel appoints Schiff as GMM
Casualwear retailer and manufacturer American Apparel has hired former Urban Ouftitters executive Jordan Schiff as its new general merchandise manager.
The retailer said Schiff joined the company earlier this month, and will be responsible for the merchandising strategy and execution for the brand globally.
"We are delighted to bring Jordan to the American Apparel team," said CEO Dov Charney.
"Jordan possesses a strong balance of creative and analytic skill, and has a deep appreciation of our brand. We look forward to his leadership and the pivotal role he'll play in our future development."
Schiff was a merchant at Urban Outfitters and reported to its CEO on strategic communications. He has also worked with Deloitte consulting and Deloitte Financial Services.
Retailer Urban Outfitters Inc has posed a 12% drop in first-quarter profit after the cost of opening new stories and higher markdowns on a few women's apparel lines offset a rise in sales....
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- Inditex renews global trade union agreement