US: American Apparel appoints Schiff as GMM
Casualwear retailer and manufacturer American Apparel has hired former Urban Ouftitters executive Jordan Schiff as its new general merchandise manager.
The retailer said Schiff joined the company earlier this month, and will be responsible for the merchandising strategy and execution for the brand globally.
"We are delighted to bring Jordan to the American Apparel team," said CEO Dov Charney.
"Jordan possesses a strong balance of creative and analytic skill, and has a deep appreciation of our brand. We look forward to his leadership and the pivotal role he'll play in our future development."
Schiff was a merchant at Urban Outfitters and reported to its CEO on strategic communications. He has also worked with Deloitte consulting and Deloitte Financial Services.
Retailer Urban Outfitters Inc has posed a 12% drop in first-quarter profit after the cost of opening new stories and higher markdowns on a few women's apparel lines offset a rise in sales....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)