US: American Apparel appoints Schiff as GMM
Casualwear retailer and manufacturer American Apparel has hired former Urban Ouftitters executive Jordan Schiff as its new general merchandise manager.
The retailer said Schiff joined the company earlier this month, and will be responsible for the merchandising strategy and execution for the brand globally.
"We are delighted to bring Jordan to the American Apparel team," said CEO Dov Charney.
"Jordan possesses a strong balance of creative and analytic skill, and has a deep appreciation of our brand. We look forward to his leadership and the pivotal role he'll play in our future development."
Schiff was a merchant at Urban Outfitters and reported to its CEO on strategic communications. He has also worked with Deloitte consulting and Deloitte Financial Services.
Retailer Urban Outfitters Inc has posed a 12% drop in first-quarter profit after the cost of opening new stories and higher markdowns on a few women's apparel lines offset a rise in sales....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey