US: American Apparel appoints Schiff as GMM
Casualwear retailer and manufacturer American Apparel has hired former Urban Ouftitters executive Jordan Schiff as its new general merchandise manager.
The retailer said Schiff joined the company earlier this month, and will be responsible for the merchandising strategy and execution for the brand globally.
"We are delighted to bring Jordan to the American Apparel team," said CEO Dov Charney.
"Jordan possesses a strong balance of creative and analytic skill, and has a deep appreciation of our brand. We look forward to his leadership and the pivotal role he'll play in our future development."
Schiff was a merchant at Urban Outfitters and reported to its CEO on strategic communications. He has also worked with Deloitte consulting and Deloitte Financial Services.
Retailer Urban Outfitters Inc has posed a 12% drop in first-quarter profit after the cost of opening new stories and higher markdowns on a few women's apparel lines offset a rise in sales....
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Adidas launches "lightest ever" football boot