US: American Apparel sees improving sales trends
Casualwear manufacturer and retailer American Apparel Inc says it is building momentum in its core businesses after same-store sales rose 10% in November.
The brand recorded a 7% rise in retail store comparable sales and a 32% increase in online sales. Wholesale net sales were flat through November, with overall net sales up 7% over the quarter-to-date.
In October, comparable store sales increased 4%, with a 3% increase in retail store sales and a 6% increase in online sales.
"Our retail channels, both in store and online, are seeing sales growth indicating a revitalised connection to our customer," said chairman and CEO Dov Charney.
"We are excited about this trend, we feel it is long-lasting, and it is one we can meaningfully build upon. Other positive signs include improved efficiency at our manufacturing facilities, stabilisation of world cotton prices and improved profitability at our average retail store."
Casual wear manufacturer and retailer American Apparel Inc saw its comparable store sales increase for the 12th consecutive month during May....
Casual wear manufacturer and retailer American Apparel Inc has reported a 14% increase in first-quarter net sales....
Casual wear manufacturer and retailer American Apparel Inc has announced that its chairman and chief executive Dov Charney continue in his role for at a further three years. ...
Casual wear manufacturer and retailer American Apparel Inc has narrowed both fourth quarter and full-year losses amid higher sales, and says it expects sales and earnings to rise in the year ahead....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack