US: American Apparel sees improving sales trends
Casualwear manufacturer and retailer American Apparel Inc says it is building momentum in its core businesses after same-store sales rose 10% in November.
The brand recorded a 7% rise in retail store comparable sales and a 32% increase in online sales. Wholesale net sales were flat through November, with overall net sales up 7% over the quarter-to-date.
In October, comparable store sales increased 4%, with a 3% increase in retail store sales and a 6% increase in online sales.
"Our retail channels, both in store and online, are seeing sales growth indicating a revitalised connection to our customer," said chairman and CEO Dov Charney.
"We are excited about this trend, we feel it is long-lasting, and it is one we can meaningfully build upon. Other positive signs include improved efficiency at our manufacturing facilities, stabilisation of world cotton prices and improved profitability at our average retail store."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Casual wear manufacturer and retailer American Apparel Inc saw its comparable store sales increase for the 12th consecutive month during May....
Casual wear manufacturer and retailer American Apparel Inc has reported a 14% increase in first-quarter net sales....
Casual wear manufacturer and retailer American Apparel Inc has announced that its chairman and chief executive Dov Charney continue in his role for at a further three years. ...
Casual wear manufacturer and retailer American Apparel Inc has narrowed both fourth quarter and full-year losses amid higher sales, and says it expects sales and earnings to rise in the year ahead....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022