USA: American Buyers Given Opportunity To Preview European Fabrics
The idea is not only to whet the appetites of potential customers for Premiere Vision itself, which will as usual take place in Paris at the beginning of October, but to give the Americans, whose interest most European producers regard as crucial to the health of their own businesses, an exclusive preview of what they see as the most important technical and fashion trends in fabrics for winter 2001/2.
"We have set up this event at the direct request of our regular PV exhibitors who see the opportunity to have two days of meetings and talks with customers on the other side of the Atlantic as a vital, and logical, extension of the marketing philosophy of PV itself," said a spokesperson for the exhibition.
More than a hundred fabric producers, the majority members of either Espace Textile in France and ICE in Italy, will be taking part, and the final strategy for show will be thrashed out at the Premiere Vision European Concentration meeting currently scheduled for the first week in July.
European Preview will be held at the Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th Street, New York.
By Sonia Roberts
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts