USA: American Capital Invests $31m In Hartstrings
American Capital Strategies Ltd has invested $31 million in children's apparel wholesaler and retailer Hartstrings Inc.
The finance will be used to partially finance the asset Hartstrings' acquisition by Keystone Holdings LLC.
Hartstrings is a designer, wholesaler and retailer of classic coordinated children's apparel sold under the hartstrings, kitestrings and kc parker labels. American Capital is funding a senior term loan, senior revolving credit bridge facility and a subordinated note with warrants.
Founded in 1980, Hartstrings opened the first of its 21 retail stores in 1986. It now has over 250 employees. Cash flows have risen steadily since 1996. Sales rose during the recent recession, with retail sales up nearly one-third from 1998 to 2001, and its earnings track record has been consistently strong and growing. The company's leading wholesale accounts include Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
Companies: Saks Incorporated
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of retail group Saks Incorporated, has named Thomas Matthews group senior vice president of asset protection and operations for Saks Fifth Avenue....
Department store operator Bon-Ton Stores Inc is considering forming a buyout consortium with private equity companies in order to acquire upmarket store chain company Saks Inc, according to a report f...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of large-scale retailer Saks Incorporated, has announced plans to expand its existing 47,000 square foot Saks Fifth Avenue store in the Waterside Shops in Nap...
Department store operator Saks Inc is to close its private-label apparel business in order to focus on higher-priced designer brands....
US retail group Saks Inc says it is carrying out a more intensive investigation than initially planned into vendor payments at its Saks Fifth Avenue division....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The growing importance of Russia and the Middle East as major markets for UK fashion and accessories was highlighted at last week's presentation in London of the 2004 UK Fashion Export Awards, with Mu...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020