US: American Eagle CEO Hanson steps down
American Eagle has not given a reason for Hanson's departure
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters has said its chief executive, Robert Hanson, has left the company after less than two years in the role.
Executive chairman Jay Schottenstein, previously chief executive from 1992 to 2002, has been appointed interim CEO. The company, which has not given a reason for Hanson's departure, said it will start looking for a permanent replacement.
Roger Markfield has agreed to postpone his retirement and will continue in his current role as vice chairman and executive creative director, the firm said.
"On behalf of the board of directors, I want to thank Robert for his contributions during his tenure and wish him well in his future endeavors. I look forward to working closely with Roger and our talented team to capitalise on the significant potential of our brands and to position the company for growth and long-term success," said Schottenstein.
American Eagle said it continues to expect to report fourth quarter 2013 EPS in line with its previous outlook.
The company is expecting earnings of $0.26 per share, on the bottom end of previous guidance of $0.26 to $0.30 per share.
The departure of Hanson follows a run of poor results for the firm. Last month, the company described its third-quarter financial performance as "unsatisfactory" after recording a slump in earnings.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ...
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been c...
Introduction American Eagle Outfitters has long been seen as the go-to for young adults seeking affordable fashion in the US. However, as the overall apparel retail market has struggled, so too have ...
Fox Wizel Ltd’s main focus going forward is to expand the number of American Eagle Outfitters outlets. This is the company’s reaction to the introduction of multinational brands during the review peri...
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change