USA: American Eagle Names Fred Grover Bluenotes President
The Pennsylvania-based operator of over 850 stores said Grover succeeds Lora Tisi and joins Bluenotes from American Eagle's men's merchandising division, where he held the position of vice president/general merchandising manager since 1993, rising to SVP in 2002.
Prior to his executive role in men's merchandising, he held various senior positions in men's and women's merchandising and store operations since joining the company in 1978.
Roger Markfield, Co-CEO of American Eagle, commented: "Fred played a major role in the repositioning of the American Eagle brand during the mid 1990's. Under Fred's leadership, American Eagle's men's business achieved significant growth, and enjoyed many years of success.
"I am confident that with his merchandising talent and broad retail experience, Fred will successfully lead the repositioning of the Bluenotes brand."
Companies: American Eagle Outfitters
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Lifestyle company American Eagle Outfitters is to relocate its Warrendale-based corporate headquarters to an urban development in Pittsburgh....
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters has announced that its new casual sportswear retail concept will be called MARTIN + OSA, after Kansan outdoor explorers Martin and Osa Johnson....
American Eagle Outfitters Inc on Tuesday lowered its third quarter earnings forecast amid inconsistent store traffic in September....
Casual clothing company American Eagle Outfitters Inc says it plans to launch a new concept next year aimed at driving expansion....
GT Nexus, a supply-chain software and services provider, says it has netted a deal to implement and operate a technology platform for global transportation and import operations management for lifesty...
American Eagle Outfitters Inc has announced that Joan Hilson Sr and Dale Clifton will take on the duties of executive vice president and chief financial officer following the resignation of Laura Weil...
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc says that good sales of teen apparel pushed up second-quarter turnover, almost doubling its earnings for the period....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts