US: American Eagle Outfitters inks global licensing deals
As part of efforts to further expand its presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific, American Eagle Outfitters has inked three exclusive multi-store licensing agreements.
The teen apparel retailer has signed an agreement with Grupo David Enterprises to open stores in Venezuela, Caribbean Islands and Central America, including Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras,Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Belize.
American Eagle Outfitters will also partner with Grupo Comercializadoras for stores in Columbia, and Pacifica Lifestyle Co for Thailand.
The stores will start opening next summer.
The company, which has licensed stores in 12 countries, including the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and the Philippines, expects to open an additional 40 licensed stores in 2014.
"We are excited to introduce our brands into these high growth and vibrant international markets as we continue to expand our global presence and build on our success to date," said CEO Robert Hanson.
Last month, American Eagle Outfitters raised its third-quarter earnings guidance to reflect "slightly better than expected" margins during the period.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Visibility for the turnaround of American Eagle Outfitters is hazy, analysts have said, after the teen apparel retailer revealed an 89% decline in first-quarter earnings....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020