USA: American Eagle Outfitters June Sales Up 17.6%
Clothing retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc said June results were better than expected and has increased its second quarter earnings guidance.
Sales for the five weeks to 3 July 2004 increased 17.6 per cent to $150.8 million, compared to $128.2 million for the same period last year.
Comparable sales for the American Eagle Outfitters stores increased 8.7 per cent in June.
Consolidated comparable store sales, which include American Eagle and Bluenotes/Thriftys stores, increased 7.6 per cent for the month.
Total sales for the quarter to 3 July were up 19.4 per cent to $618.1 million, compared to $517.7 million for the 22 weeks ended 5 July 2003.
The company said it currently expects second quarter earnings to be in the range of $0.30 to $0.32 per share, compared to $0.11 per share in the second quarter of 2003.
Companies: American Eagle Outfitters
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Lifestyle company American Eagle Outfitters is to relocate its Warrendale-based corporate headquarters to an urban development in Pittsburgh....
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters has announced that its new casual sportswear retail concept will be called MARTIN + OSA, after Kansan outdoor explorers Martin and Osa Johnson....
American Eagle Outfitters Inc on Tuesday lowered its third quarter earnings forecast amid inconsistent store traffic in September....
Casual clothing company American Eagle Outfitters Inc says it plans to launch a new concept next year aimed at driving expansion....
GT Nexus, a supply-chain software and services provider, says it has netted a deal to implement and operate a technology platform for global transportation and import operations management for lifesty...
American Eagle Outfitters Inc has announced that Joan Hilson Sr and Dale Clifton will take on the duties of executive vice president and chief financial officer following the resignation of Laura Weil...
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc says that good sales of teen apparel pushed up second-quarter turnover, almost doubling its earnings for the period....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report