US: American Eagle Outfitters moderates Q4 outlook
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters says its fourth quarter earnings are likely to come in at the low end of forecasts after sales fell over the Christmas period.
The company said total net revenue for the nine weeks to 4 January fell 2% to $882m, with comparable sales tumbling 7%.
It now expects earnings of $0.26 per share, on the bottom end of previous guidance of $0.26 to $0.30 per share.
"Following a solid Thanksgiving weekend, traffic and sales through Christmas week were on the low end of our expectations and the retail environment was highly promotional, pressuring margins and EPS," commented CEO Robert Hanson.
"Our post-Christmas clearance event is meeting our expectations and we expect to end the year with inventories on plan."
The company, which sells the American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie brands and operates more than 1,000 stores, will release its fourth quarter and annual results on 11 March.
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Introduction American Eagle Outfitters has long been seen as the go-to for young adults seeking affordable fashion in the US. However, as the overall apparel retail market has struggled, so too have ...
Fox’s main goal is to expand its product portfolio by adding more brands under the Fox umbrella. Fox Group operates 309 stores under the Fox network (162 stores), Laline (84) Billabong (27), Fox Home ...
Castro continues to market itself as a national brand. Its main challenge is competing with international brands such as Banana Republic, Abercrombie & Finch, Express and American Eagle Outfitters and...
Lingerie is a term used for women's innerwear. It originated from the French word 'linge' for linen. Though in French the term is used for both male and female undergarments, in English it is solely u...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020