US: American Eagle Outfitters moderates Q4 outlook
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters says its fourth quarter earnings are likely to come in at the low end of forecasts after sales fell over the Christmas period.
The company said total net revenue for the nine weeks to 4 January fell 2% to $882m, with comparable sales tumbling 7%.
It now expects earnings of $0.26 per share, on the bottom end of previous guidance of $0.26 to $0.30 per share.
"Following a solid Thanksgiving weekend, traffic and sales through Christmas week were on the low end of our expectations and the retail environment was highly promotional, pressuring margins and EPS," commented CEO Robert Hanson.
"Our post-Christmas clearance event is meeting our expectations and we expect to end the year with inventories on plan."
The company, which sells the American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie brands and operates more than 1,000 stores, will release its fourth quarter and annual results on 11 March.
Some 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ...
This company profile, SWOT and financial report contains in depth information and data about American Eagle Outfitters and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major pro...
Introduction American Eagle Outfitters has long been seen as the go-to for young adults seeking affordable fashion in the US. However, as the overall apparel retail market has struggled, so too have ...
Fox’s main goal is to expand its product portfolio by adding more brands under the Fox umbrella. Fox Group operates 309 stores under the Fox network (162 stores), Laline (84) Billabong (27), Fox Home ...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019