US: American Eagle Outfitters moderates Q4 outlook
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters says its fourth quarter earnings are likely to come in at the low end of forecasts after sales fell over the Christmas period.
The company said total net revenue for the nine weeks to 4 January fell 2% to $882m, with comparable sales tumbling 7%.
It now expects earnings of $0.26 per share, on the bottom end of previous guidance of $0.26 to $0.30 per share.
"Following a solid Thanksgiving weekend, traffic and sales through Christmas week were on the low end of our expectations and the retail environment was highly promotional, pressuring margins and EPS," commented CEO Robert Hanson.
"Our post-Christmas clearance event is meeting our expectations and we expect to end the year with inventories on plan."
The company, which sells the American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie brands and operates more than 1,000 stores, will release its fourth quarter and annual results on 11 March.
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been c...
Fox Wizel Ltd’s main focus going forward is to expand the number of American Eagle Outfitters outlets. This is the company’s reaction to the introduction of multinational brands during the review peri...
2012 saw the entrance of US and European clothing brands, meaning that apparel products that were previously only available overseas became more accessible to Israeli consumers. American Eagle Outfitt...
Plimsoll Publishing’s CLOTHING RETAILERS (European) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CLOTHING RETAILERS (European) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 500 co...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies