US: American Eagle Outfitters names Boland as CFO
US clothing retailer American Eagle Outfitters has appointed Mary Boland as EVP, chief financial and administrative officer.
Boland will take responsibility for finance, investor relations, merchandise planning and allocation, strategy planning and other administrative functions.
She joins the company from Levi Strauss & Co. where she was senior vice president of finance for Global Levi's. In this role, she led finance and various operating functions across the Americas, Europe and Asia, encompassing both wholesale and retail operations. Prior to joining Levi's in 2006, Boland was CFO at General Motors.
"Mary brings 30 years of broad-based financial and operating experience, with a proven track record in the global apparel industry," said CEO Robert Hanson.
"Mary is an influential, disciplined financial leader, with a strong ROI focus. I'm confident she will have a positive impact at AEO as we look to strengthen our financial results and achieve consistent, long-term profitable growth."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The CEO of clothing retailer Coldwater Creek, Dennis Pence, will retire at the end of the year, leaving chief merchandising officer Jill Brown Dean to take the helm. ...
US teen clothing retailer American Eagle Outfitters has today (28 November) raised its full-year earnings outlook on the back of a 50% jump in third-quarter profit....
A record 247m shoppers visited US stores and websites over Black Friday weekend, up from 226m last year, according to the National Retail Federation (NRF). ...
Twenty leading fashion brands are selling clothing contaminated with chemicals with hormone-disrupting or cancer-causing properties when released into the environment, according to Greenpeace Internat...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report