USA: American Eagle Outfitters Reports Sales Increase Of 14.6%
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc (Nasdaq: AEOS) today announced total sales for the five weeks ended July 1, 2000 increased 14.6% to $80.3 million from $70.0 million for the five-week period ended July 3, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period decreased 5.3% compared to the corresponding five-week period last year. This compares to a same store sales increase of 26.3% in June 1999.Sales for the twenty-two week period ended July 1, 2000 increased 19.7% to $320.4 million from $267.6 million for the twenty-two week period ended July 3, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period rose 0.6% compared to the corresponding twenty-two week period last year.American Eagle Outfitters, Inc is a specialty retailer of all-American, casual apparel, accessories, and footwear for men and women between the ages of 14 and 34. The company designs, markets, and sells its own brand of versatile, relaxed, and timeless classics like AE jeans, cargos, and T-shirts, providing high quality merchandise at affordable prices. The company currently operates 505 stores in 46 states and the District of Columbia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report