USA: American Eagle Outfitters Reports Sales Increase Of 14.6%
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc (Nasdaq: AEOS) today announced total sales for the five weeks ended July 1, 2000 increased 14.6% to $80.3 million from $70.0 million for the five-week period ended July 3, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period decreased 5.3% compared to the corresponding five-week period last year. This compares to a same store sales increase of 26.3% in June 1999.Sales for the twenty-two week period ended July 1, 2000 increased 19.7% to $320.4 million from $267.6 million for the twenty-two week period ended July 3, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period rose 0.6% compared to the corresponding twenty-two week period last year.American Eagle Outfitters, Inc is a specialty retailer of all-American, casual apparel, accessories, and footwear for men and women between the ages of 14 and 34. The company designs, markets, and sells its own brand of versatile, relaxed, and timeless classics like AE jeans, cargos, and T-shirts, providing high quality merchandise at affordable prices. The company currently operates 505 stores in 46 states and the District of Columbia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022