USA: American Eagle Outfitters Reports Sales Increase Of 14.6%
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc (Nasdaq: AEOS) today announced total sales for the five weeks ended July 1, 2000 increased 14.6% to $80.3 million from $70.0 million for the five-week period ended July 3, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period decreased 5.3% compared to the corresponding five-week period last year. This compares to a same store sales increase of 26.3% in June 1999.Sales for the twenty-two week period ended July 1, 2000 increased 19.7% to $320.4 million from $267.6 million for the twenty-two week period ended July 3, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period rose 0.6% compared to the corresponding twenty-two week period last year.American Eagle Outfitters, Inc is a specialty retailer of all-American, casual apparel, accessories, and footwear for men and women between the ages of 14 and 34. The company designs, markets, and sells its own brand of versatile, relaxed, and timeless classics like AE jeans, cargos, and T-shirts, providing high quality merchandise at affordable prices. The company currently operates 505 stores in 46 states and the District of Columbia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective