USA: American Eagle Outfitters Reports Sales Increase Of 14.6%
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc (Nasdaq: AEOS) today announced total sales for the five weeks ended July 1, 2000 increased 14.6% to $80.3 million from $70.0 million for the five-week period ended July 3, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period decreased 5.3% compared to the corresponding five-week period last year. This compares to a same store sales increase of 26.3% in June 1999.Sales for the twenty-two week period ended July 1, 2000 increased 19.7% to $320.4 million from $267.6 million for the twenty-two week period ended July 3, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period rose 0.6% compared to the corresponding twenty-two week period last year.American Eagle Outfitters, Inc is a specialty retailer of all-American, casual apparel, accessories, and footwear for men and women between the ages of 14 and 34. The company designs, markets, and sells its own brand of versatile, relaxed, and timeless classics like AE jeans, cargos, and T-shirts, providing high quality merchandise at affordable prices. The company currently operates 505 stores in 46 states and the District of Columbia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020