MEXICO: American Eagle Outfitters to open first store
US clothing retailer American Eagle Outfitters is set to open its first owned and operated store in Mexico City.
The store will open on 20 February, and be based in the Perisur's shopping centre.
The retailer plans to open a series of vertically owned and operated stores in the country, with each featuring its lingerie brand Aerie either as a shop-in-shop or side-by-side form.
"Mexico presents an exciting market opportunity for AEO, where we have evidence of strong brand acceptance through the positive response to our Mexico-specific e-commerce site which we launched in fall of 2012 bringing a multi-channel experience to our customers," said CEO Robert Hanson.
"We plan to open six company owned stores this year, and to profitably scale the business over the next several years. We view Mexico as an important launch that will drive our longer-term approach to global expansion."
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters has opened its first technology centre in San Francisco, California, to support the company's omni-channel strategy....
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters has posted a 29.5% decline in first-quarter net profit, after cooler weather dampened demand for its seasonal merchandise....
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- TPP trade deal remains elusive but tantalising
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019