MEXICO: American Eagle Outfitters to open first store
US clothing retailer American Eagle Outfitters is set to open its first owned and operated store in Mexico City.
The store will open on 20 February, and be based in the Perisur's shopping centre.
The retailer plans to open a series of vertically owned and operated stores in the country, with each featuring its lingerie brand Aerie either as a shop-in-shop or side-by-side form.
"Mexico presents an exciting market opportunity for AEO, where we have evidence of strong brand acceptance through the positive response to our Mexico-specific e-commerce site which we launched in fall of 2012 bringing a multi-channel experience to our customers," said CEO Robert Hanson.
"We plan to open six company owned stores this year, and to profitably scale the business over the next several years. We view Mexico as an important launch that will drive our longer-term approach to global expansion."
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters has opened its first technology centre in San Francisco, California, to support the company's omni-channel strategy....
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters has posted a 29.5% decline in first-quarter net profit, after cooler weather dampened demand for its seasonal merchandise....
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024