MEXICO: American Eagle Outfitters to open first store
US clothing retailer American Eagle Outfitters is set to open its first owned and operated store in Mexico City.
The store will open on 20 February, and be based in the Perisur's shopping centre.
The retailer plans to open a series of vertically owned and operated stores in the country, with each featuring its lingerie brand Aerie either as a shop-in-shop or side-by-side form.
"Mexico presents an exciting market opportunity for AEO, where we have evidence of strong brand acceptance through the positive response to our Mexico-specific e-commerce site which we launched in fall of 2012 bringing a multi-channel experience to our customers," said CEO Robert Hanson.
"We plan to open six company owned stores this year, and to profitably scale the business over the next several years. We view Mexico as an important launch that will drive our longer-term approach to global expansion."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters has opened its first technology centre in San Francisco, California, to support the company's omni-channel strategy....
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters has posted a 29.5% decline in first-quarter net profit, after cooler weather dampened demand for its seasonal merchandise....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022