MEXICO: American Eagle Outfitters to open first store
US clothing retailer American Eagle Outfitters is set to open its first owned and operated store in Mexico City.
The store will open on 20 February, and be based in the Perisur's shopping centre.
The retailer plans to open a series of vertically owned and operated stores in the country, with each featuring its lingerie brand Aerie either as a shop-in-shop or side-by-side form.
"Mexico presents an exciting market opportunity for AEO, where we have evidence of strong brand acceptance through the positive response to our Mexico-specific e-commerce site which we launched in fall of 2012 bringing a multi-channel experience to our customers," said CEO Robert Hanson.
"We plan to open six company owned stores this year, and to profitably scale the business over the next several years. We view Mexico as an important launch that will drive our longer-term approach to global expansion."
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters has opened its first technology centre in San Francisco, California, to support the company's omni-channel strategy....
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters has posted a 29.5% decline in first-quarter net profit, after cooler weather dampened demand for its seasonal merchandise....
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis